One of my favorite things about the holiday shopping season is the sales; I guess that makes me a bad person because I feel I'm supposed to be filled with the warmth of giving to other. I'm a gift giver to others too but I love a good self gift. Here are some of my favorites:
- Black Friday DVD sales. Last year I was dumb enough to forget that Wal-Mart is open 24 hours and they put the non big ticket items out before midnight. This year I plan on being there 10pm Thanksgiving night to stock up on $3, $5 and $7 (last year's prices, could be better this year) DVDs and then get in line so I can check out right at midnight when the prices go into effect in the computer.
- Black Friday at Vera Bradley. With $100 purchase you can get a purse in a current patten (Suzanni for 2011) valued in the $40 to $50 range. I have one of these purses and love it - and it is the same quality as other VB purses. Today they released their seasonal gifts available. VB also has great after Xmas sales so I'll probably be strict on limiting myself to meeting the $100 requirement and saving the rest for January and February self gifting. I might even get a few things for my sister to meet my $100. here are a few things on my list:
Yes Mom, I need this!
and the cheese tray to match, duh!
Love the VB watches, I have 2 - they are great
- Gift sets. The Holiday season is always a great time to save on great smelling both wash, lotion and makeup. At one point my Dad said I had a 3 year supply of body wash - but that was 2 and 1/2 years ago - I need to rebuild the stock. Oh, and Chanel has the most lovely gift sets available - but those jerks never put anything on sale.
- Christmas Cards. That's right, I buy my cards a year in advance and keep them neatly tucked away in the office closet, they don't take up too much room. .
- Sweaters. Dillard's has the most lovely cashmere sweaters for 50% off around new years. The last one I bought went strong for 4 years - I need new. I probably could have made it go the distance but I hate hand washing and drying.
- Cocktail dresses. I'm a Marshall's dress shopper, and this is the best time to get dresses not made for 16 year olds riding around in limos. The prices are good enough that i usually wind up grabbing the dress or two I want the most before the holiday.
- Decorations - duh! I love target on December 26th. here the deal, target marks stuff down 30% right after the holiday, if you really want something buy it then. After New Year's it goes down to 50%, this is when it's time to stock up. You might have to go to several targets to get what you want. Online shipping is for suckers. Browse before the holidays and make a list of what you want. A few weeks in the stuff will go down to 75% - this is the time to look for the stuff you regret passing up.
So excited for the fun to begin. What about y'all - what are some other holiday shopping deal strategies?